Sunday, November 28, 2010

Two Broken Noses

 What are the chances of having two children with broken noses in as many weeks? 
I did  not take a picture of Libby's nose right after it happened, there was just too much blood! Her nose swelled, turned purple, then yellow now there is just a faint scratch.
How does a 21 month old break her nose? We walked with some friends to the library, then visited the skate park located right behind the library. I thought I had it all together, I had 3 2 year olds, a 4, 6, 8, 9, and 2 ten year olds by myself while my friend was in the library with the baby and Taylor. Everything was going great when was helping one of the little ones put shoes on, someone pushed Libby off of the 4 foot high ramp straight down to the concrete!
There was so much blood and we had to walk all the way back to my friends house. I was worried about a concussion so I took her to the doctor who confirmed the broken nose and no other injuries. Praise God!
The following week Ian was outside in all the snow and ice with all the children ice skating and he tripped and fell on the edge of the ice. Fortunately there was not much blood but he succeeded in doing a fabulous job breaking his nose. We are two for two, hopefully bad things don't come in threes.

2 comments:

Rebecca M said...

Oh no! Broken noses on those sweet faces?!
I'm glad you were able to post pictures but, wow, I'm sorry about the injuries!!
Get well soon, noses!

Renee Bergeron said...

Reminds me of course of the time we had three sets of stitches in ten days...the third set coming the very day I took out the last of the other stitches...