Thursday, August 11, 2011

Open House

Welcome to our home.
I thought I would give you a small peek into our home right now.
I am currently listening to Taylor washing dishes and loading the dishwasher.

Erik cleaned the boys' room and made all their beds. Aaron and Ian were so grateful and they are all happily playing Lego's together. Usually the living room has Ruby's array of Playmobile set up all over the room. I had her pick it up so I could vacuum. Erik loves it when I vacuum the living room because of all the lines in the carpet. He likes to draw in the carpet and play tic tac toe and make rooms for the Playmobile.

I love our dining room. The space all the way around the table is such a huge blessings. In our old house I had to squeeze around the table and turn it at an angle to all fit. Plus there is no longer any carpet to contend with.
You can see how much floor there is, I have always used a Swiffer Wet and loved it! Now, it takes 3 or 4 pads to clean the floors and could always use more. Does anyone have any ideas for a great mop or an efficient way to clean a lot of floors?

My little girls are napping peacefully. Ruby is the only one of the children who is not completely thrilled with the move. I think it's because she lost her best friend, Ian. Ian still loves to play with her, but is torn between being outside climbing hay bales and conquering the land or playing dress up with Ruby. 
This is our new school room, I love having all the books, pencils, work boxes, adhesive, stickers and paper in one place!! Probably my favorite part of the house is that I don't have to find a place for all of our stuff to fit.
The family room is right off of the school room and next to the boy's room. I have been tempted to look for a couch (I think it would be cozy in the winter in front of the wood stove) but this is such a perfect place for everyone to roll around, wrestle, play games and stretch out. When it gets cold I will probably start searching Craigslist.
I have lots more to show but for now, I need to utilize my time to finish my menu planning. I have 12 days of Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, Grocery shopping planned, School and Chore charts started, garden weeded and chickens to combine. Plus I have two clients that are due this week. I can't wait to show you the rest!

3 comments:

Crystal in Lynden said...

Love it! I also enjoyed hearing about Erik. It makes me smile. A kindred spirit.

Anissa said...

Libman (standard mom brand found in the grocery store cleaning aisle) makes a swiffer type mop that has re-usable pads. I have 2 or 3 pads that I alternate --I use it both wet (spraying vinager water on the floor) and dry, toss in with the whites & bleach it when necessary. If it's dry and not too dirty I use the hose vacuum. Way better in the long run than the swiffer! I love it!

Anissa said...

Ugh..that was supposed to say standard MOP brand in the grocery store...they don't sell standard moms anywhere that I am aware of. If you find out otherwise, please let me know as I could use one that's good at cleaning (and spelling) at my house. Will pay big bucks.