Friday, August 6, 2010

Seriously

Seriously, how do you fall asleep in the sand at the beach?

You might have noticed that my blog has been quite silent lately. There are reasons... I have been working like a squirrel on steroids to get our house ready to put on the market. We are leaving in 5 hours to go on a 8 day camping trip in our new (to us) tent trailer.
In order to make that happen a lot of people have made sacrifices for us.
Seriously I have the most amazing friends on the planet. Tami has been here helping me pack, taking my kids for a walk so I can clean and organize, she made me make decisions on things I just wanted to ignore. In addition to that she made some meals for my family to take on our camping trip (I have yet to go shopping for our food). She also arranged for Rene to give us the perfect porta crib that fits in the trailer!
Syndi is, I don't know a word good enough to describe her. Just today she came over helped me finish painting. I must say that is a bigger job than most because Sean goes nuts with the Spackle and texture. I thought I was going to have to repaint the entire bathroom tonight but Syndi rescued me and it looks great! She also tracked down her husband and bribed him to come help my husband put the necessary wiring on our van in order to tow our trailer on the camping trip. Then we were moving the truck and I almost ran out of gas, plus I did not have my purse or phone with me and she bought the gas so I could get where I was going. I know I am rambling and this is run on sentence galore but I feel for my own posterity I must document what I have been up to.
After meeting with the Realtor and signing papers, wiring the van, and packing for the camping trip we decided to take the last load of stuff to the storage unit. Again, I had no cell phone or purse and when we go to the storage unit at 12:30 AM there was someone else leaving so we just pulled in we unknowingly locked our self in because the key was on my keyring at home! I grabbed Sean's cell and fortunately he had Syndi's number and I called her to go to my house get my keys and come and let us out of the storage facility. I must say, she did it with a great big smile on her face and she looked super cute in her skirt! I told her I couldn't see her angel wings but I knew they were there along with her halo!
All that to say, we are heading out and will be gone for a whole 8 days! Please pray for a more uneventful camping trip than the last few weeks have been here. I will see you all next week. Blessings~

No comments: