Thursday, June 21, 2012

Milestones

This week has been filled with Milestones for both me and my family. 
We set this crib up when I was pregnant with Taylor 15 years ago. There has not been a time in the last 15 years without a baby in the crib. 
Liberty is 3 1/2 now and constantly tells people that she sleeps in a big girl crib, not a baby crib. With some, OK A LOT of coaxing and shoving from my friend Tami, We took down the crib, moved Libby to Ruby's toddler bed and set up a twin bed for Ruby. Both girls are very excited! 


Big Girl Crib Comes Down

Also this week I finished reading through my entire Bible! I read 4 of the books twice and all the other books of the Bible once. I made it a New Year's Resolution in 2011 to read through the Bible in a year. When 2012 came I decided to keep going and so have completed reading through my Bible in a year and a half. This is something I have never done before. Sure, I have read all my Bible but never in a sequential manner and with the purpose of diligently covering all of it. It feels great to have done it. Now I look forward to slowing down again and diving deeper into God's word. 
Because I'm cool that way.
 We set up the tent in the Family Room  and the boys slept in it for  a few nights. 
We are leaving for our annual camping trip to Leavenworth tomorrow and this is the first time I have given the children a list and told them to pack. I have not checked their work, nor am I going to. If they forgot something it will be on them. I have realized that I am doing my children a disservice by micromanaging everything. 
We are working on being more diligent in our chores, our attitudes and our relationships. 

Finally, we attended a send off ceremony for some wonderful friends. Last night we prayed blessings on the Haechton's and I said good bye to my amazing friend, Stacy and her family. I have never said good bye to someone who was leaving for the mission field for an extended period of time. It was much more difficult than I imagined. Although, I am so very excited for their journey and for God's faithfulness and provision each step of the way. They are an amazing family and I feel so fortunate and blessed to have walked with them for a season. 

It has been an amazingly wonderful and difficult week. See you next week! God's Blessings to you. 

No comments: