Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Keeping Christ the Center of Christmas

 We were so blessed to be invited to Celebrate Christ with fellow believers. I love, love, love, keeping Christ at the center of everything we do. That is so much easier to do when you are with other families who have the same goal in mind.
Cael playing his violin for all of us, with his beautiful mama Shelly,
 and baby sister, Gracie holding his music for him. 
 We already had plans to play with friends on Tuesday during the day so it was a huge relief to me to know that I didn't have to try and make a good impression and get everyone dressed in their best. We were fine to come just as we are. I did make sure the boys had jeans with no rips but other than that we were good to go!
Ethan, Ian, and Cael
 I also really enjoy eating and good food so it is just so much more relaxing and enjoyable when you are with a group of people who don't even look twice when you go back for thirds. I mean really, who don't want to try everything? Nate made some amazing dip with sun dried tomatoes, feta, and other amazing ingredients then he took that and added bacon or sausage (doesn't really matter I love pork) and put in in a perfectly flaky roll. I shamelessly ate the remains of one that got stuck in the pan.
We all brought a soup to share so we had some great choices, Taco Soup with Sweet Potatoes, Chili with Roast, and Ravioli Soup.
Don't let Ava and Ruby fool you, their was no chance they were going to fall asleep. 
 We sang Christmas Carols and Ava and her little brother Justus, did interpretative dance. One of the best things about homeschoolers is that there is very little the older children do that the youngers don't just learn by osmosis. At this rate I might not have to teach Liberty anything she will just absorb it all. Justus had quite the dance moves for a 2 year old.
Justus, Taylor, Ellie, Aiden, and Ruby (in front) listening to directions for the gift exchange. 
 It always cracks me up, in a not so funny kind of way, when someone recommends something for my family and says, "It's great! Totally cheap, only $8 a person!" I'm sorry but anything that costs my family $64 is not cheap. I was delighted when Amy suggested a consumable gift exchange of less than $2 a person. I'm pretty sure the mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups exceeded the $2 rule, but I'm not complaining. I'm just trying how to get some of those without him noticing!
For less than $12 all the children got to participate in the gift exchange and go home with something that we will eat on Friday at Watermania. I don't have to store it, or manage it, or repair it, we get it eat it and it's gone! Fabulous idea.
Taylor, Ellie, Aiden, Aaron, Luke, and Libby.
Can you guess what they are singing?
In between Carols the children had the opportunity to present something that they had been working on, we were blessed with the violin, the piano, and vocal talents by our children. Complete with prayer and discussion of why we are doing what we are doing it was a fabulous memory made with fabulous people! Thank you to Mike and Amy for hosting and including our family ~ We were blessed.

1 comment:

amy said...

You are so sweet! What great pictures! I am so glad you guys came! We love hanging out with you! Hope you get a break from school soon...