Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Polar Bear Plunge

We began our New Year's Celebration with a Fondue Dinner. I figured that if Sean were going to Plunge into Birch Bay, We could Plunge our food into some delicious dips. I loved the Emmental, Comte, and Gruyere Cheese! However I think my family would have been much more satisfied with Velveeta. 
We dipped honey pretzels, breadsticks, yellow and red peppers, sirloin steak, Bratwurst and broccoli. I was delighted with how little meat was required when I cubed it really small! 
We were in no way going to let the children stay up late and eat too much so they were off to bed at the normal time and I kissed Sean goodnight about 10:30! 
After a delicious breakfast we had every intention of doing Home Church but did not get moving fast enough, so we headed out to Birch Bay. 

I thought that perhaps some of the boys might join Sean as they have in years past. Evidently they only wanted to do it if some of their friends were there to watch. I promised I would blog it so that their friends could see it, but I guess that wasn't good enough. 

Liberty has loved having her Papa home for the past couple of weeks! She "No Yikes Mama To Put Me To Bed!" I am quickly getting used to the idea that someone else can carry her. 


Every year Sean tries to talk me into taking the Plunge with him. He is on the left side of the picture, just about to go under. I have no interest whatsoever! Sometimes I feel like I should go just to make him happy. I REALLY don't like to be cold, so I have never gone. Guess I will have to think about that...

Sean says that it is refreshing and a fabulous way to start the year! It was great to run into our old neighbors and know that we are missed.
I am glad that we are doing something that Sean enjoys and we can all cheer him on. As far as New Years Resolutions, we didn't make any yet. I always feel like it is a good time to reevaluate what we are doing and how we want to get where we are going.
Last Year I wanted to read through the entire Bible, something I have never done before, I did not make it, but should be done by the end of January. I decided to come up with my new plan when I completed the last one. I ran my first half marathon and if I can lose the weight I want to I will begin training for a full marathon. I plan to run a couple more half marathons this year as well. I have also been trying very hard to come up with a schedule for school that I think will make our days run smoother. However, I have realized that my lack of discipline factors in greatly to making and following a schedule. My other personal goal is to complete a triathlon. Something I have always wanted to do.
Making plans for our goals for the children is daunting. We know where we want to head with them but are still unclear as to the best path to take to reach those goals.
We hope to be in our own home this year and find a Church home as well. Big decisions.

3 comments:

Stacy said...

I love that: "No yikes..." ;) So cute!

I think you should stage a big surprise next year and pretend like there's no way you'd take the plunge, but then GET IN THERE! ;)

Love to you,
~Stacy

Unknown said...

Oh Stacy, that would totally shock him! Still think there is NO WAY. Maybe if I worked up to it all year...

Nicole said...

I love your new blog look! You can put me to bed anytime.