Tuesday, September 21, 2010

When The Boys are Away

When the Boys are Away the Girls will play. The boys went to an overnight at Silver Lake with Scouts and that left me and the girls home alone! We celebrated by staying up late and watching The Quiet Man. Ruby was anything but quiet. We painted our toenails and small fingernails. Ruby and Taylor had a sleep over on the hide a bed (I much prefer my bed). Then we had our favorite roll-up pancakes for breakfast. Usually I have to make a septuple recipe and stand at the stove for an hour to make enough to accommodate the boys' bellies. We were satisfied with a double batch for us.
Roll -Up Pancakes
3 eggs lightly whipped
1 cup flour
1 1/4 cup milk
1 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
whip together and let rest for 15 minutes. Use 1/4 cup batter for each crepe and cook ~ 3 minutes on the first side and ~1 minute after you have flipped the crepe over. We put butter and powdered sugar in ours, roll them up, then top with fresh berries and whipped cream.

I was still fighting a Migraine so we made a personal visit to my chiropractor's house. Then headed out in our dresses to go shopping and out to lunch.
I am thankful that my girls want to shop at thrift stores and find the thrill as exciting as I do. We hit a couple of thrift/consignment stores then ate lunch at Dutch Mother's in Lynden. I know the girls loved it and the patron's all loved their dresses and several times they were asked if they were in a wedding. I brought my camera but the only thing I really wanted was a Vicoden.
I know it's bad when I turned down chocolate at the Bakery later.
We did some window shopping and went visit our good friends. She gave me some headache medicine, closed the curtains and made everyone whisper. When I knew I could make it home we hit the Mc Donald's drive thru and made it home in time to put the little girls to bed.
I was disappointed that I couldn't enjoy our time together uninhibited. Never the less, we made memories and for that I am grateful.

No comments: