Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Becoming Wise


This morning when I woke up I heard someone in the living room. I went to investigate and found Ian sitting in the chair 'reading' the Bible. I asked him what he was doing up so early and he said," I am reading my Bible so that I can become wise."
Now that is a lesson we can all learn. Rise early, spend time in the Word with our Lord and tell others about it.
He even had 2 different Bibles to chose from that he was reading.

Ian is such a sweet boy but he is extremely accident prone, the other day he was at my friend Mary's house and ran through her kitchen and whacked his head on the corner of the counter. He regularly falls, has broken his leg, dislocated his elbow several times, got bitten by a dog, sometimes falls off his chair at dinner, and much more I am sure I don't remember right now.
Today was quite rough Erik was in a 'nasty' mood and that really has an impact on the rest of us. I sent him to bed right after dinner (on purpose) and when I went to tuck him in he said that he prayed to God to forgive him and to help him to be kind and helpful. He also said that he asked God into his heart. Talk about melting a mother's heart and making her feel bad for being so short and DONE for the day. We had a great talk about what that meant and about God's forgiveness and love.
God has a funny way of working because we are currently working on the memory verse Proverbs 16:24 Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. My words today were not sweet nor were they healing so at bedtime I had to humble myself and ask the children for forgiveness.
I am so thankful that we get to start new everyday.

No comments: