Thursday, April 30, 2009

Happy Birthday Momm

Happy Birthday Momm! I am so glad that I get to celebrate with you and your special group of friends. I always cherish the time we get to spend together as women.



Has it really been 10 days since my last post? Where does the time go? We have had birthday parties, 900 miles of travel in 5 days, a home school conference, sunny warm days to play at the beach and go for walks, play days with friends, lost teeth and, Oh yeah, school.


Kelly (bottom left) always puts on a marvelous party in honor of my momm's birthday. This was the 4th year we have been doing it! Kelly really knows how to put on a party. The colors this year were blue and red. We each got a blue box tied with red ribbon, there was a cake that matched and red napkins, blue appletinis, beautiful red flowers and delicious food.


I always feel so pampered and important, and it isn't even my birthday! This year I tried a new dessert, Tirimisu Toffee Torte, it was very good but I think it needed a bit more chocolate. I mean can you really have too much chocolate?


We had so much fun catching up and hearing about the blessings and trials of this past year. Lisa graciously let me feel the baby kicking and moving in her beautiful pregnant belly. Oh how does the time go so quickly?? Carri shared the joys and challenges of adding 2 adopted children to her family and Lisa described the blessing of an extreme home makeover her friends did for her!!! It was very cool.
Thank you Kelly for doing such a great job honoring my mother, and thanks momm for being who you are!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I look forward to this every year too! It's quite an extraordinary group of women isn't it. And it's always a treat to see what delectable dessert you've created for us.