Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Pajama Ride!

Occasionally we do a Pajama Ride, we put the children to bed early then after a few minutes we run down the hall banging on pots and pans and yell, "Pajama Ride!" The children run to get their shoes on and hop in the van to go get ice cream.
We have a rule that if you ask for it, it will not happen. It has been awhile since we have had one, and since I had to go to Lynden tonight (the closest Dairy Queen) we decided to take advantage of the trip.
It sure takes a long time to get them in bed, but only a few seconds to get them out of bed.


Today was a difficult day with attitudes, school, arguing, crying and not a whole lot of joy. The last thing I wanted to do was something fun for the children let alone get them out of bed once they were already in. But we decided that God does not wait until we deserve it to bless us, so we can not wait for the children to earn it with good behavior.



We want to intentionally have fun and create good memories. Especially after a difficult day, I want my children to remember me for the fun we have, not the nagging or (gasp) yelling. I am working on being joyful in all I do and mothering to bring glory to God and bring the children to know Him.


No comments: