Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Never Too Young

We believe that a child is never too young to learn responsibility. Really at 17 months a baby can learn to make her bed, pick up her toys and help set the table. That may sound like a lot to expect from one so young. I believe that if the children are not directed and doing something productive they will get in trouble and find something to destroy.
I love how Liberty put both of her blankets and her frog, "Prince Charming", over the crib rail.


I am still amazed by how much she understands. The other day I told the children it was time to come to the living room for circle time. Liberty came running with her finger in the air, blowing on it and waving it in a circle. I asked if she wanted to sing This Little Light Of Mine and she emphatically shook her head yes! Today I noticed that Ian forgot to put cups on the table and I commented to him that there were no cups. Before Ian could take a step Liberty was in the kitchen stacking all the cups and bringing them to the table.
It is so much more work now teach and train them but the benefits and responsibility are worth the effort.
Proverbs 4:10
Hear, my son, and accept my words,
that the years of your life may be many.
I have taught you the way of wisdom;
I have led you in the paths of uprightness
When you walk, your step will not be hampered,
and if you run, yo will not stumble.
Keep hold of instruction; do not let go;
guard her, for she is your life.
Lord God, Please give me wisdom that I may impart it to my children. Help me be an example to help them guard their steps and walk in the paths of righteousness. Amen

No comments: