Wednesday, December 24, 2008

It's Christmas Eve

Years ago we started the tradition of Tacos for Christmas Eve dinner followed by a Birthday Cake for Jesus. I love the simplicity of Tacos and the fact that it is more non-traditional. The children are finding things to do to occupy themselves. Ruby likes to dress up these days you can definitely tell that she has 3 older brothers with her choice of attire. However, around here I prefer underwear under your clothes.
Ian and Erik are enjoying a moment of sunshine with the cats (this was taken a couple days ago) there has been no sun today-- only more and more snow (but I am not complaining am I?)
The cats really enjoy the snow because it is the only time we let them spend any amount of time inside.



I don't think this picture does the amount of snow we have justice but the lamp post is inside my raised flower bed in the front yard and you certainly cannot see the bricks.

Ruby really enjoyed the chocolate chip scones that I made for breakfast, she has finally quit picking out the chocolate chips and started eating the whole scone.





Aaron has been taking lessons from his friend Ben, and has discovered the joys of Popsicle sticks and a glue gun. Ruby was very happy that Aaron made her her own game boy. I tell you it is my kind of toy- no batteries or electricity and plenty of imagination.


Aaron even made each of his siblings their own name out of Popsicle sticks.





Still to do:
Finish reading Jotham's Journey (our Advent Book)
Brown the meat for the Taco's
Pray for my mother's safe arrival in all this snow
Go to the Candlelight Service at Church
Make Cinnamon Rolls for Breakfast Tomorrow morning
Have a baby
I am really hoping that the baby comes soon all she is doing right now is getting bigger and bigger. I bought her a Baby's First Christmas 2008 Ornament I guess it is her first Christmas she just isn't out to enjoy it yet. It would also be pretty cool to have your first Christmas a White Christmas which, this definitely is.
Merry Christmas to All and Happy Birthday to Our Lord and Savior Jesus.





No comments: