Monday, August 24, 2009

On My Heart

I am amazed at how quickly time flies. I can't believe this little one is standing and pulling herself up already. She gets lots of practice because Erik likes to make sure she is doing everything she possibly can. It seems to me that the more children you have the shorter time they are babies. The baby wants to keep up with the older children.
I am so blessed with beautiful healthy children and a husband who honors Christ yet I seem to struggle with anger. I know it is a result of my sinful, selfish nature. I was studying the other night and here are a few verses that I am meditating on:
Proverbs 15:1 Harsh words stir up anger, but a gentle answer turns away wrath.
James 1:19 This you know, my beloved brethren. But let everyone be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger.
Colossians 3:8 But now you also, put them all aside: anger, wrath, malice, slander, and abusive speech from your mouth.


I feel like with our injuries, sickness, and my need to get organized before school starts tempers are short, hearts are raw and emotions are close to the surface. I am praying for peace in our home, and gentle spirits.

3 comments:

Anissa said...

I can't believe Ruby is walking now! Holy smokes! Too bad she's about to away from a lack of nutrition. *Sigh* LOL

Nicole said...

Grandma Slocum sure would have been tickled to get her hands on that sweet little Libby! She just has the sweetest little face I have ever seen.

Stacy said...

Me too. (On the anger thing.)

It's one of my own fervent prayers. And I pray, too, that the love that I *do* have, and *do* show, would cover the multitude of sins that I seem to commit when I get angry.

I'll pray for you, too, Carolynn!