Wednesday, April 7, 2010

My S-p-e-l-l-e-r

This boy is every teacher's dream. I put off trying to teach him to read because I thought his older brother should learn first, then he taught himself.
Here are some excerpts from recent conversations:
Ian, "I can spell b-o-y, s-c-o-u-t"
Me, "that is very good, can you spell America?'
Ian, "That is easy, U-S-A" I hear often, "m-a-m-a, I l-o-v-e y-o-u!"
please pass the w-a-t-e-r
I mostly love doing 100 easy lessons with my children and Ian is an absolute joy to practice reading with. When I tell him it is time, he shouts, "y-e-s!"
Today while doing one of the lessons, he was doing the word reading portion
Each
Cakes
Home
Cars
Lots
Old
Has
Of
There were other words to pre-read before the lesson but you get the idea.
Ian likes to read the word and use it in a sentence that he make up.
Today we had some interesting sentences:
Cars: Mama's nose runs like a car (What?)
Old: Mama will be old on her next birthday (Yeah, I know)
Lots: Mama has lots of chins (Thanks!)

Usually he is so sweet and cuddly, he must have gotten the memo that today was pick on mama day.
Good thing I know how to L-a-u-g-h!

2 comments:

Anissa said...

Gee, you should post some pictures of your runny nose and many chins! lol This was a very funny post!

Anissa said...

Doh...I did it again...that anony post was from me! =)