Tuesday, May 11, 2010

How long does it take you to go to Costco?

I wanted to get a head start on my day. I was completely out of butter (we had even used the stuff in the container that we keep in the cupboard for toast) I had no coffee (tragic). We HAD to go to Costco. I decided to go early so we would be back in time for naps. This is how my day actually panned out.
Costco
Get Gas
Stop by Tami's house to drop off some stuff
Tami tells me she has extra tickets to the Mount Baker Theater, could we please come?
Sure! We move all my cold Costco items to her fridge/freezer
Walk to the bus
Take City bus to Theater
Erik was in heaven watching the juggling, I gagged a bit when the guy put ping pong balls in his mouth to juggle, cool but gross,
Take bus back to Tami's
Walk to the Hardware store to get a part for my broken/bent drawer slide (they have every slide in stock EXCEPT for the one I needed)
Retail therapy at Goodwill
Walk back to Tami's
Arrange for a friend to bring Aaron's scout stuff to him for tonight's meeting
Load all my items back in my van
Go to Jessica's to drop her Costco items off
Finally pull in the driveway at 6:30pm
I still had to unload the groceries and put stuff away, start a load of laundry, feed the children, clean up from dinner, read a chapter from our current read aloud "The Wind in the Willows"
Put said children to bed!
$439 and 8 1/2 hours later.

No comments: