Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A Little Bit


I appreciate that even if my mom has only a few hours she will make the 1 1/2 hour drive North to our house to spend time with us.
She gave Ruby a WHOLE roll of toilet paper and told her to unroll it. What?! Ruby tentatively started unrolling then she really got into it!


It was too hard for Aaron to resist, so he had to help. (All the laundry in the background IS clean and folded! That is an accomplishment in and of itself).



They grated some soap, added water and something else, and the toilet paper. It made something like play dough but smelled very clean! Erik is such a tactile person he really loved it! Ruby loved the idea but not the messy hands so she directed Erik what to do with it and enjoyed watching.
God is really working on me in the area of contentment. I may be a slow learner but I am learning that I cannot control others or their actions and responses but I can control my attitude and my response. I certainly cannot control myself without God's help, especially in this season of little ones and long days but He promises that He will not give me more than I can handle.
1 Corinthians 10:23-24;31-33
All things are lawful, but not all things are helpful. All things are lawful, but not all things build up. Let no one seek his own good but the good of his neighbor.
So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. Give no offense to Jews or to Greeks or to the church of God, just as I try to please everyone in everything I do, not seeking my own advantage, but that of many, that they may be saved.
Confession here, I am a very selfish person, I would love to go get a pedicure, read a book, sit on the beach, have lunch with friends, shop by myself. None of those things are bad but they are not useful for building others up, they are of no eternal value. The above verse is telling me (along with lots of other verses) that it really is not all about me! I am trying to weigh things in light of what is best for Glorifying God and leading others to know the peace and joy that can only come through a personal relationship with Him.









No comments: