Saturday, May 1, 2010

What God Is Teaching Me

I am constantly learning, I love to learn. Some lessons are more painful than others.

I know that there is no possible way to teach my children all that they need to know in the few short years that I have their presence in my home. I know that I need to teach them to love learning and how to learn and discern what they are learning. I recently started a new way of reading my Bible. It seems so simple but works well for me. I read a chapter then I pick a verse or verses that stand out to me and copy them in my journal. Next I write why the verse is important or meaningful to me.

Here are some good ones that pertain to my life right now:


  • Luke 18:7-8 And will not God give justice to his elect, who cry to him day and night? Will he delay long over them? I tell you, he will give justice to them, Speedily.

I love this verse because it assures me that my prayers that are prayed in earnest will be answered.



  • Galatians 6:9 Let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.

  • 1 Corinthians 4:2 Moreover it is required in stewards that one be found faithful.

  • Psalm 61:2 From the end of the earth I will cry to You, when my heart is overwhelmed; lead me to the rock that is higher than I.

  • Isaiah 41:10 Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.

These verses are especially meaningful to me this week as I become renewed in my determination to faithfully cry out to God each day for the salvation of each and everyone of my children, and as I am renewed in my conviction to disciple my children.

1 comment:

Tami said...

Thanks for the encouragement. Please know that you are very strong. I know because I get a lot of it from you :-)