Saturday, June 6, 2009

A Bit of Wisdom

I really need to pick up my camera, I have had it with me lately but can't seem to find the energy to take it out of the bag.
We went to Ellianna's birthday party today. I cannot believe how fast time flies. I was the Doula for her birth last year and was just barely pregnant myself. Now Ellie is 1 and Libby is 5 months.
I also went and got my hair toned after last week's foil. It is much better but now instead of blond there is no blond-ARGH why is it so hard to communicate? That seems to be the common thread in my life right now. Communicate clearly, calmly, with grace and meaning. I know it is more difficult because I am sleep deprived. I was reading something last night (what exactly I cannot remember, I do not even remember the conversation I had with Sean last night) but what really stuck out was:
Proverbs 29:18
Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.
I have been wanting to implement more of a schedule for the children and to release me of some of the responsibility of dictating what comes next. Of course, for this to work there has to be some flexibility. I tend to go with the flow and then get frustrated when the goals I had planned do not get accomplished.
I purchased a Managers Of Their Chores book by the Maxwell's and I need accountability to implement the plan.
Unlike many people we do not take time off in the summer because it is too hard to get back on track in the Fall. It has been the desire of my heart to have a planning day twice a month so I can get my thoughts organized and put into action. If anyone has any great ideas of how to accomplish this I would love some input.
I have some real specific goals
1. To teach my children to love the Lord
2. To teach my children to love and serve each other
3. To teach my children to love learning
4. To show my children the Joy of the Lord

We are going to be diligently working on specific character issues and have fun doing it!
Now this would be much easier with some sleep.

1 comment:

Anissa said...

Carolynn, would you email me when you get a chance...I lost your email address when my computer crashed a few weeks ago. Love you.
Anissabl