Sunday, December 6, 2009

Ladies Christmas Party

Friday I was able to Celebrate my friend Betty's Birthday with her and another friend Melanie. We went to a wonderful little cafe called The Daisy Cafe and our waitress was a friend from College that I had not seen in 13 years! It was a joy to celebrate and reconnect. Betty has been part of my life for 19 years! Wow this is really making me feel old.

Then I went home and spent some time with my family and got ready to go to one of my favorite parties of the year! Naomi knows how to throw a fabulous party. Delicious desserts, my favorite was Hilary's Chocolate Brownie Ganash with Peppermint Topping!

All the women bring gift cards and food and we fellowship for hours! I made myself leave at 1:00am because I knew that Sean would not be having fun if Libby woke up and I wasn't home yet.

We do a drawing to choose gift cards and all are fair game to steal (up to 3 times). There is a lot of playful stealing and competition. This year I was number 1 so at the very end I got to choose any card that had not been frozen yet and swap with the owner. I was very pleased with my musical Target gift card.


Naomi also brings us back to the reason for our Celebration and that is Jesus and what he has done in our lives. We all share the joys and sorrows of this past year. I really enjoy the hearts of these women and how much they trust and draw closer to God with each passing year.

I shared that I was especially thankful for the friends that God has chosen to provide me with. For the support and encouragement I receive from all of them, for my family and our health and for the fact that my children and I enjoy being together.

I also shared a story about last week. I was in the middle of cooking dinner, the children were all doing their 'before Papa comes home' chores, we had company over, in other words it was chaotic. Jess called me and said, "What is Ruby doing right now?" I replied, "she's playing babies, and with her kitchen." Jess said,"You know how your daughters like to play babies, they like helping and playing kitchen? You are living their dream. All they want is what you have. They want their own babies, their own kitchen and their own husband. You have that and you get to do what they want."

I think that is the most eye opening statement It gives me proper perspective and


No comments: