Friday, January 8, 2010

Always Learning

I am always learning and I get easily frustrated when I want to work on something and things keep interrupting me. Specifically, the paper in the house seems to have multiplied over the Christmas Break and my great intentions of a schedule have flown out the window.
Aaron holding Liberty while doing his math.
Life was running much more smooth when we were using a schedule. I soon realized that I need several schedules to choose from. I have been reading and learning a lot from Terri Maxwell but I have so much more to learn.

Ben and Aaron~such great friends!
You might be able to tell that I am really struggling to get back into the swing of things around here and I really want compliance. I mentioned in an earlier post that I am going to try to memorize the book of James this year as part of my spiritual goals.
As a result I am digging deep into the book of James to see what it really says and how it applies to me.

Ruby and Liberty enjoy time with Papa.
Last night I re-read James 3. The verse that spoke to me was James 3:17,18

But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure, then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness.

I often pray for wisdom, wisdom to know what my children need, to be creative with discipline, to teach God's word, to be a better wife and mother.
Reading James 3:17 tells me that my wisdom is so far off the mark I don't even come close to the target.
We have a picture in our bathroom that says "As ye sow, so shall ye reap."
If I want peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit from my children I first need to be an example of those things.

Lord, Please help me to have wisdom that comes from heaven. Use me as an example of your love to my husband, my family, and all those that I come into contact with today. Amen

4 comments:

Tammy (Mom to this crazy bunch) said...

I could have easily written the same post...

Nicole said...

I know it's hard Carolynn and just want you to know that I see so much love in the pics you post.
Isn't James what Luther called "The Epistle of Straw?"
I think it had to do with sola fide or sola scriptura. I'm gonna check back into it today.
We love you!

Stacy said...

Great post, Carolynn.

Me, too.

Unknown said...

Tammyand Stacy, thank you for letting me know I am not alone.
Nicole, I am not sure what the Epistle of Straw means? I would love to hear what you find out.