Monday, January 25, 2010

Self Control

Be self controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that our brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings. And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, He will restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. To Him be the power for ever and ever.

1 Peter 5:8-11



Any suffering or hardship I may face pales in comparison to what the people of Haiti are facing right now. When I say I am broke, or I have nothing to eat it is more a matter of choice. I have money in the bank and food in my pantry, meals in my freezer. The people of Haiti however, don't even have a cupboard to put food in, let alone a place to lay their head at night.



I know that I am constantly being challenged to take the easy way out, to be dissatisfied, to lose my integrity, lose my temper, squander my time.

I challenge you to re-read the above verse and look for ways to be self controlled, to deny your desires and give to our brothers and sisters who are lacking in the basic necessities. I am trying to be intentional in all that I do, and all that I say. Will you join me? It will bring glory to God.

No comments: