Wednesday, March 25, 2009

2 1/2 Months

Libby is such a happy baby! I just love her cute smile, adorable dimples, and oh so sweet noises. We are discussing moving her out of the bassinet in our room into the crib in Ruby's room. It really makes me sad. I love being pregnant and having babies (not the actual having them part) but it just seems to go by so fast. I think it is so sweet how her face lights up when any of her siblings talk to her. I am forever finding Ruby's babies in Libby's car seat, swing, bassinet, or sling. I have to do a double take because the baby looks so real.

One of the great things about homeschooling is that all the hours you spend on the couch nursing are also spent reading to the other non-nursing children. Right now we are reading a Adventures of the American Revolution series and are on book 3 of Annie Henry (Patrick Henry's daughter) I am really enjoying the books and have to make myself not read ahead. Taylor loves the heroine and there is plenty of action to keep the boys interested. There are plenty of references to God and moral lessons without being preachy. Every time God is mentioned Erik interrupts and asks, "Why are you taking the Lord's name in vain?" He is very much a legalistic person and takes the 10 commandments very seriously.
And, Liberty is learning to sit and listen while I read!



I have been weighing her before and after each feeding to see how much she is getting (because she is really slow to gain weight) and she did not even wake up for this weight check.
I am so blessed to have such wonderful children and a great husband that provides more than what we need!


No comments: