Monday, March 23, 2009

Awesome Husband Award

The award goes to my husband, Sean! On Friday I loaned my coffee pot to the neighbor for a party she was having (is it really possible to not own a coffee pot? Just wondering) but I forgot to tell her I needed it back for Saturday morning. Sean knows how much I enjoy my coffee so he volunteered to go pick up the pork loin that was on sale and get me a latte! What a guy. I also have to say only a guy would feel OK about putting 24 pounds of pork loin over his shoulder! Man, those things are big. But Oh so tasty.

I enjoyed my coffee then got to work making 7 meals out of the meat. I made 4 Chalupas and 3 Apricot Stuffed Pork Loin. Meanwhile, Sean got to work on the triple bunk bed that I casually mentioned on Thursday night that would be a good thing to get for the boys.



I think it is funny that Aaron is in the background wearing hearing protection and hula hooping! Aaron was actually a great help to Sean and he secured many of the 52 lag bolts and 120 screws that were in the bed.



Sean is so thorough that he routered the edges of the bed so they would not be sharp. He finished the bed in time for a late bedtime on Sunday night and we cleaned up after the children were in bed. I forgot to take a photo of the bed but will post it soon! It is so cool, although there is a learning curve for the boys. After we put them to bed we heard a loud bang and went in to see what happened, Aaron sat up in bed and whacked his head on the ceiling!



3 comments:

Stacy said...

Sit yourself down.

(So that you won't fall over from the shock of what I am about to say):

WE DO NOT OWN A COFFEE POT.

~gasp!~

We had one, for years. RARELY used it. (Only when we had family over for birthday parties... and even then, my mom had to come early and make the coffee for me b/c I didn't know what the heck I was doing.) And finally we just got rid of it. Mark and I never drink coffee straight. We just do the latte thing and buy them.

I can't wait to see pictures of the triple-bunks! :)

Hilary said...

I don't know Carolynn... I think this post borders on obscene. ;)

I just love a surprise coffee drink from my sweet husband. Always makes my day. :)

Barker Musings said...

Would he carry two big pork loins on his shoulder if he new the rest of the story...