Monday, March 23, 2009

Chicken Pox Activities

This morning Ruby woke up really feeling under the weather. She just wanted her mama. Unfortunately, Liberty just wanted mama too. "Luckfully" I have 2 arms for my 2 sweet little girls. Taylor is a young lady now, and Mikaela is an adult! Hannah came over to teach the children to macrame, because I have not done it since I was 8 years old! I really wanted to relearn but will have to wait for Taylor or Aaron to teach me since I kept getting interrupted. Taylor jumped on the bandwagon and made several bracelets for her and her friends. Aaron is still working on a necklace for himself.

I was motivated for them to learn because Ian has always worn a necklace and his just broke. Amazing how God works the little details out because I would have been reluctant to cut it off but it would be miserable with the amount of chicken pox that boy has on his neck. Now, we will wait until they clear up and give him his new necklace!


I enjoy the girls we have met through Mikaela. Hannah is our neighbor and even though Mikaela has moved out Hannah still comes over to talk and hang out. I really like that when I am reading the older kids still like to sit and listen to the stories!





Taylor learned the twirl stitch and Aaron learned the 'boy' stitch. I can't wait to see what they are going to do with their new skills. A great big Thank You to Hannah for sharing your patience and skill with us!





Ian and Ruby kept very busy with the $2 pack of army guys I found at Goodwill and our moon sand. Sean does not like the sand in the house but, when the cat's away the mice will play! We always clean up before he gets home. I just have issue with the fact that they are using our silverware since we NEVER have enough and have to save our fork if we are going to have dessert!









No comments: