Thursday, October 23, 2008

Stuck!

We went to have a play date with some other homeschooling friends and the children got along great and had a wonderful time. They really did not want to leave when it was time to go. It was really time to go. I needed my nap and Ruby really needed hers and we try not to wear out our welcome. Well when I went to turn around in her driveway I drove up the newly excavated part of the drive. The ground was extremely soft from all the rain lately and when I shifted in low it did not seem to matter.
I backed up and tried for a running start but the further back I got the worse I got stuck. Kristy finally called a neighbor and she came over with her 4 wheel drive and in a skirt hooked up my van and pulled me out! What a saint.


My kids got what they wanted- more play time. Ian and Ruby and Ashley had to play in the back of Kristy's truck so they were out of the way and would not get too muddy or run over. Ian was not too happy about not being able to go explore the property but he managed.


Thank you for a great day and good food and friendship and especially for the tow!


No comments: